Metaphysics of Physics is devoted to advocating rationality, particularly within the philosophy of science. If you are interested in rationality and the philosophy of science then you have come to the right place!
The project is intended to raise awareness of a lot of the irrationality that is popular or mainstream today. Since philosophy, computer science, physics and math are our areas of expertise, these are the subjects we talk about the most.
Every fortnight the hosts, the husband wife duo of philosophers of science, Dwayne Davies and Ashna Davies, bring you great new podcast content.
We also do regular blog articles on the philosophy of science and related topics. With physics being the main focus.
Here is some of the content which has been produced so far.
- Vodcast Episode Two: Quantum Absurdities, Part One - Today in the second episode of our vodcast, we are looking at some of the central absurdities of quantum mechanics. This is part one of a two part series.
- Vodcast Episode One: The Cause of Modern Physics is Philosophy - Today in the first episode of our vodcast, we are going over quotes that help to show that the cause of the irrationality in modern physics is philosophy.
- Episode Twenty Five – Fragment and Pandemonium Interview with Warren Fahy (No Spoilers) - Today on the podcast, we interview Warren Fahy on two first two books of the Fragment trilogy. We also chat about biology. This is the non-spoiler version.
- Episode Twenty Five – Fragment and Pandemonium Interview with Warren Fahy - Today on the podcast, we interview Warren Fahy on two first two books of the Fragment trilogy. We also chat about biology. If you want the spoiler free version, .
- Episode Twenty Four – Creating Christ Archaeology with Warren Fahy - Today we interview Warren Fahy, the co-author of the book Creating Christ. We discuss the archaeology of Creating Christ.
Recent Blog Entries
- Quora Answers 9/7/20: The Kalam Cosmological “Argument” - Today we are asking a Quora question regarding the Kalam Cosmological "Argument". Which is of course an exercise in special pleading.
- Biblical Absurdities: Is the Bible At Odds With Science? - Today we look at whether or not the Bible is at odds with science. It is and we shall see that this is what we should expect.
- Quora Answers 8/7/2015: Random Events and Causality - Today we ask a Quora question about whether random things follow the law of causality.
- The Inductive Summary of Physics Project - I have made this post to promote the "Inductive Summary of Physics" project which provides an inductive history of physics.
- Interview with James Ellias - This is an interview with James Ellias, creator of the excellent "An Inductive Summary of Physics" series covering an inductive history of physics and other important philosophical topics.
Here are what some of our fans have to say about Metaphysics of Physics:
“Brilliant content and host.”
“Love it! The world needs more reason and rational science. I think this site provides content you will not find anywhere else.”
“Concise, informative and relevant content.”
“The most rational page on physics I’ve come across.”
More About Us
We have been fans of science for most of our lives! We have studied both science and rational philosophy extensively, so we are in an excellent position to fight for rational science and to make the world a more rational place!
If you want to find out more about this project and its creators, then go to our About page.
If you want to ask a question which might be answered on the show, then you can do so on our question form. Note, that depending on how many questions we get, we cannot promise to answer all the questions!